Christchurch Icelandic Horse Trek’s Family Beach Ride
Ever want to share a magnificent horse ride on a beautiful sandy beach with the kids? Are you keen to help catch, groom and saddle up your horse? Saddle up for the most wonderful adventure, across some of the South Island’s most diverse natural environments. You’ll feel safe on the small, stocky Icelandic Horses, with their unique and comfortable gait called tölt. This two-hour trek travels along a stunning beach on the north shores of Christchurch, along the tidal Brooklands Lagoon and through a fun and sandy evergreen pine forest. This is for those with previous experience, so you’ll really get to have a good old gallop.
- This experience includes a Beach Ride for two adults and two children
- Riders need to have previous horse riding experience and need to be confident to direct and stop the horse and be able to trot
- Adult riders must be 16 years + and children between 10-15 years
- This experience lasts 2 hours
- Max weight of riders 100 kg
- Safety helmet and wet weather gear is supplied
- For FAQ’s please visit our website
This experience is available in Christchurch.
Your gift recipient will receive all the necessary booking information in their gift box to enable them to book directly with their chosen experience provider.
They will have 12 months in which to redeem their gift card for this awesome experience.